Friday, May 9, 2014

UNIX Diary: Finals Edition

So we reached the conclusion of the course. After completing the project and reviewing everything that I have learned in this course, I have come to appreciate Unix and the design philosophy surrounding it. From combining programs so that certain functions can work independently of each other to manipulating data for each of those components, I have learned numerous techniques that will help me in designing numerous types of software for the future. Learning Git has also been an added bonus since I've been working on numerous projects with other people and have not learned how to use the bash version of Git, but thanks to its merging features, it's easier than ever to work with other programmers from anywhere around the world.

The information that I learned in this course will help me out greatly in the coming years as I continue to mature as a programmer and begin to work on major projects. I'm currently working on a game with a few other people for Android and PC that should be coming out this summer, and the various programming tips that I've obtained from this course have helped out in the developing process. Thanks to this class, I can continue working on these side projects to both boost my skills and to help me succeed in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment